This thematic and story-based curriculum for children in Grades 4-6, is designed by our St. Paul’s team to build community and encourage authentic engagement with the language of faith. In each session, we connect with each other and explore biblical stories through projects that challenge our minds, hearts, and imaginations; we study scripture, we make videos, we practice sign language, we build cities, we take field trips, we play games, we experience God.
Some of the highlights of our program year:
- Performing a skit about St. Francis at the Blessing of the Animals service
- Studying the story of Abraham, learning about connections between Abrahamic religions, and visiting an Islamic Mosque.
- Making a video newscast about the Parables
- Building a scale model of the city of Jerusalem
- Producing a shadow-drama about Peter and Jesus
- Organizing a collection of money and food for a local food bank